BROWNED FLOUR FOR DIAPER RASH – REMEDY OR HINDRANCE?
Nappy rash Or diaper rash is a skin infection in which a kid’s buttocks becomes sore, tender, scaly and red. Babies are vulnerable to diaper rash. But, adults can also get affected by this situation. However, with proper attention, care and treatment, these rashes can be healed quickly without the assistance of a doctor.
CAUSES OF DIAPER RASH
At some point, babies will develop these rashes no matter how much you care for them. Below are some primary causes that are accountable for diaper rash in kids. Some of the reasons are:
- Wet and flowy diapers
- Too much utilization of antibiotics
- Bacterial infection
- Contact if urine and faecal soiling
BROWNED FLOUR FOR DIAPER RASH
Browned flour for diaper rash isn’t that effective. Many professionals have stated that burnt flour for diaper rash can heal these rashes, but they don’t have any scientific confirmation. Utilizing flour for diaper rash can irritate your baby’s tender skin. So, you can follow some other available remedies.
OTHER REMEDIES FOR DIAPER RASH
Many ingredients can reduce diaper rashes like baking soda, oatmeal and vinegar. Among all these remedies, cornstarch works the best on kids. Here, we are going to discuss the treatment process using cornstarch.
CORNSTARCH FOR DIAPER RASH TREATMENT
It is a very ancient treatment to get rid of rashes in babies. Cornstarch helps to reduce friction and also keeps the skin dry. Cornstarch also heals some other skin problems.
HOW TO USE CORNSTARCH FOR DIAPER RASH?
There are many procedures for using cornstarch for these rashes. Among them, some of the methods are:
- You can directly use cornstarch as talcum powder on your baby’s skin. Take a neat and clean cloth and soak it in a bowl of lukewarm water. Now squeeze out the excess amount of moisture and then clean your kid’s bottom. Let it dry, and now you can sprinkle the cornstarch on your baby’s bottom. Leave it as it is for five minutes, and then make your baby wear a new diaper. You can repeat this process twice or thrice every day.
- You can use cornstarch by mixing it with vitamin E or cornstarch. First, you need to make a paste with half a cornstarch, half a cup of coconut oil and a vitamin E capsule. You need to put the paste to the infected area of your baby and let it be for ten minutes. Finally, wash off the skin using lukewarm water and let the area dry. Now make your kid wear a new diaper.
- You can take two spoons of cornstarch and mix it with one tablespoon of petroleum jelly. It will become a thick cream. Now apply this cream to the affected area. After fifteen to twenty minutes, wipe out the cream and let the skin dry. You can repeat this method twice every day for better results.
HOW TO PREVENT DIAPER RASHES?
Read the below-mentioned tips to avoid diaper rash in the initial stages only.
- Ensure to change your kid’s dirty, flowy and wet diapers regularly without any delay.
- Avoid Over Tightening your kid’s diaper as it can lead to skin inflammation.
- Always remember to use non-toxic and unscented products for your kid’s body.
WHEN TO VISIT A PHYSICIAN?
Diaper rash can be easily treated at home. But, in case it’s getting worse, you can immediately see a doctor. You can also visit the professional when:
- Your kid experiences pain due to diaper rashes
- Blisters are appearing on his bottom area.
- The rashes bleeds or itches
Diaper rash isn’t a huge problem anymore. It can be treated at home if proper care is taken. Make sure to keep your baby healthy and safe.