USING A SAFE HEATER FOR BABY ROOM – WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW
Whenever there is a chill in the surroundings or winds blow through the nursery, you want to ensure to wrap your baby in a warm blanket and place him or her in a cozy or warm place. It’s not always about the temperature; sometimes, it’s about a good night’s sleep. A cold temperature can wake up your baby several times during the night, which leads to sleepless nights. For babies, using the right safe heater for baby room is essential to ensure they are safe and healthy.
This article will help you select the best heater for baby room.
KEEPING THE NURSERY OR THE BABY ROOM WARM
For a toddler, keeping the room warm with the help of a safe heater for baby room is essential for their comfort. Initially, babies are born with a few physical restrictions that urge them to keep their room warm. Babies can’t regulate their body temperature. Premature babies don’t have much body fat. Hence, they cannot just get up and grab a blanket to keep themselves warm.
The most you can do to create the right room temperature is to wrap them in a comfortable blanket which can create a stir sometimes. A great supplement would be to use a space heater for the baby room. This heater helps you to make sure that the room temperature stays perfect, somewhere just between 68° & 72°F. Keeping yourself and your baby warm is of utmost importance.
ASPECTS THAT YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION WHILE USING A SPACE HEATER
There are certain things that you need to pay close attention to while using a space heater are:
- Never use the heater to cook food or dry the clothes.
- Keep the heater away from linen bedding as well as paper.
- make sure to switch off the heater when not in use.
- Get a separate thermostat alarm while using a space heater.
- Don’t overload the plug point of the heater with another appliance. Also, remember not to use an extension cord.
- Please don’t leave it switched on the whole night.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN GETTING A SPACE HEATER
Space heaters are the best to warm up your nursery, but at the same time, the electricity bills are at huge spikes. South is very crucial to analyze them based on certain parameters. The parameters are:
- Safety Features: This is by far the essential factor to look for if you are using it in your baby’s room. Analyze if the heater needs the safety standards as stated by the laboratories.
- Technology: Convection heating is the most famous for single rooms. Radiant heaters are the best for instant heating. While convection heaters take time to warm up the space. Micathermic heaters are those heaters that combine both radiant and convection heating.
- Design: Space heater for baby room are available in different sizes in the market that have several features to achieve a specific purpose. Floor heaters are portable and compact, while personal heaters are great to heat up rooms and are meant for specific purposes. Experts usually do not recommend using it for your baby’s room.
- Price: First up, nothing is bigger than your baby’s comfort. But making a choice between competitive heaters can be a great factor. Don’t just look at the price. Look for the life expectancy according to the price they are offering.
Other features that you need to observe are remote control, thermostat, auto shutoff etc.
Space heaters are the best if your baby feels comfortable using that. Let your baby sleep peacefully by getting your hands on this amazing product. Remember that your baby’s comfort is priceless.